For more than 70 years, the staff at the Skiatook Library have proudly offered library service to the community.
We have recently added public faxing and wireless printing!
The Skiatook Library opened in 1940 and was originally funded by the Works Progress Administration. The City of Skiatook took over operation in 1953 until The Tulsa City-County Library began management in July, 1962. It was housed in a 1,500 sq. ft. storefront on Skiatook’s main street, at 110 East Rogers Boulevard. When a larger building, formerly a feed store at 228 East Rogers, became available in 1976 it was remodeled to accommodate the library and an additional community meeting room.
In 1981, The Tulsa-City County Library purchased a larger building along main street at 316 E Rogers Boulevard. The 5,400 square foot building, formerly a laundromat and car agency before that, was remodeled by Olsen-Coffey Architects and became Skiatook Library’s permanent home.
A renovation began in 2001 which was funded through a 1998 bond issue. This brought new shelving, floor covering and furniture for the building. These renovations created better use of space and an inviting atmosphere for customers.
Skiatook Library has 9 PCs and 3 laptops available to customers. The computers have access to the Internet and Microsoft Office Suite. Customers can also access electronic databases to which the library subscribes. These databases give customers access to live tutoring for students of all ages, job coaching and resume assistance, online language learning and much more.
Wi-Fi service is also available to customers free of charge. Other services the library provides are programming for all ages and the use of a meeting room for non-profit groups.
Branch Manager History
Billie Shehi 1962-1988
Anna Mae Henderson August 1988-December 1988
Sandra Hebermehl 1988-1989
Sondra Otto 1989-1995
Bobbie Crumb 1995-1999
Leslie Jones 1999-2002
Mark Carlson 2002-2008
Jennifer Armistead 2008-2011
Buddy Ingalls 2011-2012
Michelle Beckes 2012-present