As of today, women have greater access to preventive care services.
As part of the on-going implementation of the Affordable Care Act, beginning today, American women receive access to eight preventive care services without a cost sharing requirement (a.k.a. copay). These preventive care services are...
- Well-woman visits.
- Gestational diabetes screening (helps to protect pregnant women from one of the most serious pregnancy-related diseases).
- Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counseling.
- FDA-approved contraceptive methods, and contraceptive education and counseling.
- Breastfeeding supplies, support, and counseling.
- HPV DNA testing, for women 30 or older.
- Sexually transmitted infections couseling for sexually-active women.
- HIV screening and counseling for sexually-active women.
So, ladies, now there are no excuses... take care of yourselves!!