The Friends of TCCL was founded in 1957 and incorporated in 1968 as a nonprofit organization.
Its purpose is to aid and promote the activities and goals of the Tulsa City-County Library system.
The Friends organization fulfills its purpose through diverse programs and activities responsive to a wide range of needs and concerns.
Top Ten Reasons to Join the Friends
- Looking for new horizons? Opportunities to participate in programs that are both fun and informative abound.
- Need titles for your book club? Books Sandwiched In will introduce you to books from every genre.
- Armchair travelling appealing? Journey around the world in Travels With Tulsans and avoid those real world travel challenges.
- Have you dreamed of writing the great American novel? Or poem? Or essay? Give it a whirl and enter the annual Adult Creative Writing Contest.
- You can thank the library staff. Your membership provides scholarships for educational assistance.
- Become more informed with our changing and challenging world through Great Decisions. Join a discussion group and make your opinions heard while meeting some of Tulsa’s brightest and most interesting people.
- Feel pride in knowing you are part of the First Book program that gives a book to every Pre-K student at Kendall-Whittier Elementary. This may be the beginning of the child’s personal library and the stimulus for future learning.
- You can take a midday break and return to your world refreshed after attending a free Music Sandwiched In program.
- Help our seniors stay informed and involved in life. Friends’ Ambassadors offer programs in senior communities on topics ranging from stories about Route 66 to discussions of the books on the New York Times and Oprah’s lists.
- Support the annual volunteer recognition party hosted by the Friends. From 4-legged Paws for Reading volunteers to those who help shelve books; this party is for every library volunteer across Tulsa County.
Memberships begin at just $10. If you are interested in becoming a Friend of the Tulsa City-County Libraries, please complete this form. You may also call Gretchen Hannefield, Friends of TCCL Staff Liaison/ Volunteer Coordinator, at (918) 549-7408.