Beginning at 10 p.m. on Tue., Feb. 9, the catalog and services requiring your library card to log in will be unavailable overnight during maintenance.
Reading is a fundamental necessity for children to thrive as successful adults. The main goal of Tulsa City-County Library children’s summer reading program is to encourage reading on a daily basis.
To help meet this goal, Tulsa’s Channel 8 partners with the library for a series of special storytimes titled “Tulsa’s Channel 8 Reads @ the Library.” News anchors visit libraries throughout the summer to read some of their favorite children’s books, as well as share how vital reading is to understanding news events around the world. Tulsa’s Channel 8 is a presenting sponsor of TCCL’s annual children’s and teen summer reading programs.
Plan your next library visit during one of the following Tulsa’s Channel 8 Reads @ the Library events. These storytimes are for all ages and you may even get to be on TV.
Kristin Dickerson, News Anchor
• Wednesday, June 4, 10 a.m., Owasso Library, 103 W. Broadway
Charles Ely, News Anchor
• Wednesday, June 11, 10 a.m., Schusterman-Benson Library, 3333 E. 32nd Place
Jennifer Zeppelin, Chief Meteorologist
• Tuesday, June 17, 10 a.m., Martin Regional Library, 2601 S. Garnett Road
Laura Neal, “Good Morning Oklahoma” and “Good Day Tulsa” co-host
• Wednesday, June 25, 10:30 a.m., Zarrow Regional Library, 2224 W. 51st St.
Andrew Kozak, Meteorologist
• Thursday, July 3, 10:30 a.m., Pratt Library, 3219 S. 113th W. Ave, Sand Springs
Mark Bradshaw, News Anchor
• Wednesday, July 9, 10:30 a.m., Broken Arrow Library, 300 W. Broadway
John Moss, Sport Director
• Tuesday, July 22, 10 a.m., Helmerich Library, 5131 E. 91st St.
Mike Collier, Meteorologist
• Wednesday, July 30, 10 a.m., Rudisill Regional Library, 1520 N. Hartford
For more information on TCCL programming call the AskUs Hotline, 918-549-7323 or visit the library’s website, www.tulsalibrary.org.
# # #