Holy Family parishioners were buried in the city cemetery initially. But in the spring of 1910, Holy Family Parish acquired a 10-acre tract to bury their dead. The tract was a little more than a mile beyond the city limits at that time. An undated map (pictured left and available in the maps digital collection) shows that the Catholic cemetery was located southeast of Woodward Park.
Malvina Stephenson began working for the Tulsa World after receiving a master's degree in journalism from the University of Oklahoma in 1936. Though she moved to Washington to cover the nation's capital in 1940, her relationship with the Tulsa World continued for over 50 years. In this oral history, she talks about her work as an early female reporter at the Tulsa World and in Washington.